Zucchini Noodle Skinny Shrimp Scampi
Feeds 2-4 people
2 Tbsp olive oil
1 pound jumbo shrimp, shelled and deveined
1 Tbsp minced garlic
1/4 tsp crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
1/4 cup white wine
2 Tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
2 medium zucchini, cut into noodles
Chopped parsley, for garnish
Place a large sauté pan over medium-low heat. Add the olive oil and heat it for 1 minute. Add the garlic and crushed red pepper flakes and cook them for 1 minute, stirring constantly.
Add the shrimp to the pan and cook them, stirring as needed, until they are cooked throughout and pink on all sides, about 3 minutes. Season the shrimp with salt and pepper and then using a slotted spoon, transfer them to a bowl, leaving any liquid in the pan.
Increase the heat to medium. Add the white wine and lemon juice to the pan. Using a wooden spoon, scrape any brown bits from the bottom of the pan, cooking the wine and lemon juice for 2 minutes. Add the zucchini noodles and cook, stirring occasionally, for 2 minutes. Return the shrimp to the pan and toss to combine. Season with salt and pepper, garnish with parsley and serve immediately.
Notes: To cut zucchini into noodles, use a mandolin or spiralizer.
Feeds 4 people
1 tsp Olive oil
1 tsp salt
1 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp paprika
1 tsp onion powder
½ tsp ancho chili powder
1 tsp black pepper
½ red onion (I left out)
1-2 tbs finely chopped cilantro
Salt to taste
- Mix the salt, chili powder, cumin, paprika, onion and black pepper together. Rub the salmon fillets with the olive oil and then the seasoning mix.
- Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes
- Pre-heat the grill
- Combine the avocado, onion, cilantro, lime juice and salt in a bowl and mix well, chill until ready to use.
- Grill the salmon to desired doneness (approximately 5 minutes)
- Top with avocado and enjoy!